Monday, August 5, 2013

Isle Royale National Park: Day 1 - Allllll Aboooooaaaarrd!

 And we're OFF! 
Well here it is folks! What we've all been waiting for. The first of many National Park adventures. So this is how things are gonna probably pan out from here on out with this blog...since I don't anticipate much time between park where I will have access to wifi or my computer in general will post as much as I can, when I can. Also each park will likely be posted in pieces due to massive amounts of pictures and stories that I will have for each (if Isle Royale is any indication of whats to come that is).
Here are the pictures I snapped on the first day on the island. Soon I hope to post the remaining days' photographs followed by write-up that will surely only capture half of the experiences that actually occurred.

I have so much to say but I'm burning daylight and have to get on to the next park.

I'll say this much though....these pictures show mere snapshots of the journey from Grand Portage, MN to Windigo, Isle Royale and then to Day 1's Base Camp: Lake Desor. Enjoy for now....more details to follow.
la












































And this trail was surprising CLEAR considering some of the bushwacking that was required miles later...




























Base Camp Night 1: Lake Desor












3 comments:

  1. The views are amazing. So jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe that time is already upon us. Pictures are great so far. Can't wait to see and hear more about your adventures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete