Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Isle Royale National Park: Day 3 - Happiness Through Hardship

Day 3: West Chickenbone Lake - Daisy Farm

Certainly the easiest backpacking day. All of the mental and physical harships from the day before were rewarded by the sights and "comforts" of Daisy Farm.

I left early the day of this hike to try and get to my destination by lunch time. Also I desperately needed to dry out my clothes and tent. I had no idea what to expect from Daisy Farm but was ecstatic to see what I stumbled upon when I arrived...sun, water, and people! Since I had time to relax, most of the pictures are of when I got to Daisy Farm. I have SO much more to write about my experience at Isle Royale than what I've included in this blog. I've decided for time's sake, the blog will be where I post pictures mainly but also short snipits when I can. Hmm....perhaps a book with all the gritty details will just have to come out after The Walkabout... *cough cough hint hint* 













































































7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, makes me want to go there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you have successfully taken a picture of a moose without being charged at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, you are not (in the grand scheme of things) that far from me! I live in St. Igance now, did you drive through here on your way up?
    I've been enjoying your blog and John and I had been talking about going to Isle Royale next summer so you are getting me more stoked about it.
    Good luck on the rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, just looked at your map, you didn't drive through here...
    the rest of that still applies though haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures! Hope you do write a book about your adventures ~ would love to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to meet you at TR NP today, Mike--thanks for sharing your fun odyssey with us. We'll try to tune in the blog.

    Jim & Susan Woychuk
    Hannibal, MO

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDVRM5Xqg00


    Evie

    ReplyDelete