Tuesday, December 4, 2012

"Be Prepared" to Do "Whatever"

So The Walkabout isn't scheduled for several months now. This may sound like a long time, but for a personal journey of this magnitude and breadth, there is MUCH to be done on the side of planning and preparation.

As a wise old broad once said, "how often is happiness destroyed by preparation?" Most of the time I'd heed to Miss Austen's infinite wisdom and throw caution to the wind,  let myself get swept up in spontaneity, and for all intensive purposes I intend to do just that. BUT to go into the lion's den ill-equipped and without some blueprint, I will be soon singing songs of missed opportunities and being felled by unnecessary harms. Whats more...by completely ignoring the words of Lord Baden Powell, "Be Prepared," I might as well remove the Eagle Scout Badge off of my, annually shrinking, Boy Scout uniform. So a healthy balance of "Well thought out improvisation" it is.

Like I said before, I soon will be posting pictures, details, and reviews of the gear I, thus far, intend to bring along with me.  I will post these on the main page but will also label them into their own separate folder where folks can access them based on specific interests. (Similar to how I will handle the posts per National Park). Additionally, as far as this blog goes...I would like to also make separate pages for "Support" where folks can post general comments, advice, concerns, and if I'm savvy enough....$pon$or$hip$. I also plan to add a page dedicated to the people I meet on this journey. The leaders, the followers, the inspired, the down-trodden, the lost, the found, and everyone else who impacts this experience. This blog is a work in progress, and aside from my occasional musings and ramble-fests, will continue to be so for a while.

This journey may sound crazy...but if that is the case then I have no business being normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment