Friday, December 14, 2012

Step Aside Steve McQueen...



I haven't even scratched the proverbial surface with the Go Pro mounts. OK so in this clip, I'm using the same motorcycle/handlebar mount as I did in the previous video (will be reposted soon)...BUT...this time I placed it right in front of me, on the handlebars themselves. Alright, before you say anything or start bustin' my chops, yes, I know the video is a little cheesy but everyone wants to at least feel like a badass from time to time. Oh yeah and if you have the mental fortitude to endure the entire video, you will get to see some pretty luckily timed shots with the sun's glare (Particularly at 5:13). Pretty gnarly.

ADDED BONUS: The youngest member of the "Broherim" has graciously offered to let me use his band's song for the backdrop to the video. So thank you, Kevin!

*PUBLIC SAFETY ANNOUNCEMENT: You should always wear a helmet when riding a motorcycle.* I was taking a calculated risk, riding at 11am, no traffic, and staying within a one block radius of my apartment.

I schlepped this video together a bit quicker than the previous one...I didn't feel like taking the time to cut more (which is why you now get 8 minutes of me just riding a motorcycle...sorry). The purpose however was to test out the capabilities and find the best places for these mounts come journey-time.

Ok so the mount works great.  A minor oversight on my end...blaming it on user error...I forgot to tighten the pivot arms for the mount and it started to droop because of the bike's vibrations. Over all...so cool!...and with sooooo many places to put it...(TWSS?)

What I really need to do is sit down and study these cameras.  Or better yet...take a class. I have at least 6 months to become as proficient and resourceful with these devices as I can so that I am able to capture the most intimate, lifelike, and jaw dropping scenery and adventure I witness. I will have the memories, but often a picture or film can spark those synapses! Plus I want to share this experience with anyone willing to listen to my stories. Afterall...I would not die in any man's company. That fears his fellowship to die with me. (Not quite sure how that quote - paraphrasing -  applies here...but its one of my favorites...so humor me)

OH! I should probably mention. Iron Horse will not be coming with me on this great adventure. But his cousin, the mountain bike, will be. The handlebar mount works the same on both.

P.s. No one can push Steve McQueen aside...a hardened man, a relic from a time when men were men.

Enjoy the  video! (Don't forget to mute Hard Sun on the right hand side AND turn that 1080 HD on!)


 


No comments:

Post a Comment