Monday, December 3, 2012

To Start...Words from the man who started it all

"Love of pure unblemished Nature seems to overmaster and blur out of sight all other objects and considerations. I know that I could under ordinary circumstances accumulate wealth and obtain a fair position in society, and I am arrived at an age that requires that I should choose some definite course for life. But I am sure that the mind of no truant schoolboy is more free and disengaged from all the grave plans and purposes and pursuits of ordinary orthodox life than mine."

-John Muir

1 comment:

  1. OK Michael, you are being read, via Mike Rowe's facebook page, I find me here! As I think this is your first post, I assume, I find it hard to understand that I seem to be the only one commenting?

    Thank you for picking up your camera and starting this impressive quest! As John Muir made a name for himself traveling, drawing and writing across this vastness, just imagine if he had a camera like yours and a computer. Thank you for taking me along as well. Barb

    ReplyDelete