Saturday, December 15, 2012

Go Pro Hero 3: Black Edition Test Ride


Okay loyal followers its time to start testing out the equipment that will be documenting this excursion. What better place to start than with my newest documentary toy...the Go Pro Hero 3: Black Edition. This...thing...is...awesome! I am not going to go into too much explanation of this particular piece of hardware right now because I will be doing a follow up video to this one going over the seemingly endless components available with this story-tellers tool. For now I just want to demonstrate some of its action video capabilities in my inaugural Walkabout Video (this is a repost...please tell me if the video still doesn't work).

In this video, I have mounted the Go Pro on the side of my Motorcycle, which will henceforth be referred to as the Iron Horse. The camera was angled in a way to capture the clutch use, as well as a cool perspective of the road. In the second half of the video, the Go Pro is attached to my body using a chest mount.

The movie itself isn't all that exciting (I mean part of it is just staring at my leg or waiting at stop signs haha) but it was a good test of both the camera's capabilities as well as my introduction to film editing.

Once the Walkabout is afoot, you can expect to see future footage filmed during any number of action sequences...to include: Whitewater Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Canyoneering, Downhill Skiing, Caving, SCUBA Diving, Snorkeling, Wake Boarding, Deep Sea Fishing, Hunting, Mountaineering, Ice Climbing, Glacial Water Kayaking, and so so much more.

Oh right! Please pause the Eddie Veder song playing on the right-hand side of your screen before watching the video! Lastly, be sure to watch it in the full 1080p HD version.

So without any further ado, please enjoy the Go Pro Hero 3 Motorcycle Test Ride...




1 comment: