Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I Fought the Mud and the Mud Won

69 Degrees! Let me say that again. 69 DEGREES! Today was the 29th Day of January 2013, ano domini. "Today, January 29th, in Alexandria, the highs will reach around the high 60's." Sound familiar? No? Thats because that is insane and will not likely ever happen again anytime soon! Let me be clear. I am not complaining, rather celebrating the opportunity today's weather afforded me to get out and test out some new photography and mountain biking hardware. Naturally the closest place I had in mind was Burke Lake. Returning to this lake stirred some very personal and perhaps defensively repressed, yet positive memories for me and it was great to make a new one. I would have liked to include some of the GoPro footage that I shot today while riding on the trails but it didn't quite reach my "impossible standards" (ahem)...technical difficulties. 

More to the point...the trail had varying stretches of flat to relatively low-grade inclines with plenty of mud! The total loop around the lake comes out to be upwards of 4 miles and change. I provided a map of the lake and its accompanying trails as well as some post-mud war photographs.

P.S. I'm not sure but I think if you click on one of the images you can cycle through larger versions of them...if you'd like.




 

















 





No comments:

Post a Comment