Friday, January 25, 2013

Mischief Managed!

In front of you is a roadmap of the expected route for the Walkabout. Obviously it is not exact but its a rough outline. In fact, the course setting will remain this open-ended for the entirety of the journey. I am a firm believer in preparation for the sake of safety but also as a means of not ignorantly missing an opportunity that was at my finger tips because I neglected to do my homework. HOWEVER, while the destinations of this journey are fairly well-marked, the scar which the "Kokiak" will carve through this bold country will be, by in large, cut without any predetermination. Stops at historical sites, natural wonders or simplicities, diners, or just anywhere that catches my eyes will be constantly considered.

While on the road, I will of course, have my road GPS in tow but it will be used ONLY in dire situations or when I get a craving for some type of food along the way (aka....Shrimp Scampi at the Cheesecake Factory...my guilty food requirement...but only on very special occasions $$). Instead my bearings will be aided by other, more traditional means...road signs (shocking), paper road maps, and if for no other reason than just to talk to someone....the locals. Since I just finished watching a re-run of Frasier, I must now fight the urge to pontificate presumptuously using heightened vernacular and silence the verbal beast that is my rambling babble.

Feast your eyes and ears...behold the Walkabout Route "Outline"....sorry its kinda long again...but who doesn't want to listen to Free Bird? Am I right?

...Ok so remember that time I promised Free Bird? Turns out Youtube is determined to make a liar out of me. So please now enjoy this long, boring video with some Copyright free audio accompaniment! 


No comments:

Post a Comment