Sunday, December 15, 2013

Kenai Fjords: Tourist By Sea

A long day ahead...so I'll split this one into several posts. Too many pictures and I'm sure I already slow everyone's computer down as it is. I'll save my long-winded blubbering for the end but in the meantime, enjoy a brief moment where I steeped myself into the throes of tourism - on a three-hour tour upon the USS Minnow (or at least it felt like it at times). Not proud of it but sometimes you gotta follow the flock. Seeing the sealife, the tidal glaciers, and the fjords were my MacGuffin for Kenai Fjords National Park.

I'm afraid I'm not feeling too well and my mental dexterity and patience for recalling details is one of the first skills to go. To make up for it, I'll include elements of the story in the following post where I conclude the sea-escape upon the fjord waters.



This is why I am now a Morning Person

Oh hello there

Leaving so soon?


The USS Minnow....err...Coastal Explorer


Just a little bita rope


Have I become a touron?! Haley?


Can't wait to get back into the wild Wild...




Otter hangover?


Or solo synchronized swim-off

Or saying a silent prayer?

Somewhere in the distance we hear the pounding of native drums!


What ho! What glacier!


I do like this picture.


A chorus of gulls of some kind

Lost puffin

By a show of hands...who else sees the face?

The Mount


Maybe I should have saved the Free Willy song for this post


Dive Dive Dive!

Tag you're it!




I might have waved back


I think we're gonna need a bigger boat...





Fat seals!



So this boat is much smaller and we were on some open ocean water being ROCKED around! Not exaggerating...it is a miracle this old timer didn't fly off the edge. Pretty white knuckle experience for sure!




Love these colors.

"Pretty bird, pretty bird"

Bob Ross: How about some...happy blue?


Just wanted to capture how these water falls were just all over these mountains.

Obviously an Animal Kingdom overwatch

Approaching the tidal glaciers



Forests of ice!

Carving giants

Activate Touron behavior!


Nature rocks!


No comments:

Post a Comment