Monday, January 13, 2014

Rise and Rise Again

Well we all knew it would happen sooner or later. My return to the wild was far more mentally troublesome than I expected it would be but regardless of the challenge...the wheels are in motion...quite literally. I am currently sleeping in the last bed that I will have the luxury of for the next 7 months. Very shortly I will be southbound to begin the Swamp Phase of my adventure. Very uncharted territory for me...never have I been in the backcountry swamps. No shotgun this time...only a BIG knife. Bring it on Gators! Hopefully the bears warned you about me!

Anywho, now that I'm done puffing my chest out at the Animal Kingdom I thought I'd leave the blogosphere with this motivational speech that inspires me. I think its particularly important as a message across generations but perhaps more importantly for generations that now grow up and everything is done for them. Yes, I'm referring to mine and the whippersnappers growing up now. I know that's an over-generalization but this is the internet and I can say whatever I want! Stop being lazy (if you are able bodied)... and get up! I certainly enjoy my relaxing and thats not the point. Well I'm not going to pontificate but if you're interested in perhaps a kick-in-the-ass motivational boost from a cheesy-sounding announcer man then carefully listen to this. Maybe I'm easily influenced by crap like this but hell maybe it will work for SOMEONE else too. Of course, there will also be others out there that this will have zero impact on them or just won't get it. Complacency is a virus. Get  your vaccinations where and when you can. Remember...luck is the last dying wish of those who want to believe winning can happen by accident. Sweat is for those who know it's a choice.

Sorry. This site isn't a place for me to tell people what to do. Its just frustrating to see nearly an entire generation be SO dependent on everything but themselves...thats all. Not that I'm without guilt myself, ok!

Anyway...Rise and rise again. Until Lambs become lions! Oh yeah...it may even be a few months before my next post. Until then...Godspeed! Oh and sorry for the rant. Kind of an unusual post I know.




Old pic from Denali National Park...but just look what you can see when you "Rise and Shine"

No comments:

Post a Comment