Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Walk in the Woods

     If you're wondering what I ended up doing instead of going to the Bauer ranch...it was none of the things I thought I'd do. Instead I threw my 4lb inflatable kayak (with oar in tow) into my backpack, straddled the Ironhorse, and cruised on down to Burke Lake. Ten minutes after getting there, I found myself in a "no shirt, no shoes, no problem" situation right smack in the middle of the lake. Stretched out, soaking up some much deprived Vitamin D, and without a care in the world. Not a single person in sight. The only sounds were those of the occasional goose call...probably flirting with all the other geese hotties. After three hours of laying out in the Lakes hinter regions, I packed up the bag and took my, now redish Lobster-hue, self back home.

Anyway...so the rest of this post has nothing to do with my Burke Lake boondoggle.

     So I was on the fence about posting these pictures onto the blog because I wasn't sure how these photographs captured anything to do with the Walkabout. But then I thought to myself, almost none of the pictures on this blog, so far, have anything to do with the Walkabout. I want to reiterate, perhaps for my own self-awareness, that any post leading up to the Bon Voyage date is essentially setting the tone for when the adventure begins. More so, each post should hopefully tie in elements of the outdoors, gear, preparations, or, in this case, photography (and nunchuck) skillz development - I mean if this blog motivates/inspires even just one kid or adult to go outside then its all worth while.

     Real quick, these pictures were taken during a walk on a trail, of which the name escapes me. I really wanted to get some more practice with the camera/lenses and this trail provided the perfect opportunity. I also wanted to get photographs of how we can interact in nature. There is no right or wrong way (well maybe there is a wrong way) to experience the outdoors. Below, there are also more than a few candid photographs of my lovely assistant, Christine, showing her simply drinkin' in the outdoor experience.

     I admit, now that I'm getting more into photography I'm taking much closer notice of my natural surroundings than perhaps I used to. Its lent a new perspective for how I absorb my environment. Nature and just being out in it has always had emotional, and often indescribable affects on me. However, photography has opened my eyes to focus, not only on the feelings evoked by vast landscapes, but also on the smaller and initially less noticeable elements.

One last thing....if you click on the pictures, you can see them all in a more full screen version...the way they were intended to be seen. Thats all.

 
































 




















P.S. Tonight I will be transitioning back to my nigh shift schedule and now that the weather is warm, look forward to some night time photographs soon.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment