Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Rise of Team Veritas II

     This is what I'm talking about people! Get out there...get uncomfortable...challenge yourself...do something you're not sure you can do...and DO it!

     This past weekend was the Mid-Atlantic Spring 2013 Tough Mudder. It was held at the Peacemaker National Training Center in West Virginia. For my brothers and I (save one), it was our second Tough Mudder. The first course bane was the seemingly endless series of monumental hills, while this year, the added challenge was the bone-chilling wind. This year we had the fortune of running the event with four green teammates...creating a 7 person fellowship that would forever be known as TEAM VERITAS II. We all finished! Our times? Who knows! 

     The spirit of the Tough Mudder has all along been a strong influencing factor in the driving force behind the Walkabout. The Tough Mudder is a challenging test of physical strength,  stamina, camaraderie, and mental grit....OUTDOORS! This is not your 45-minute lift session in the gym or your 3-mile run around your neighborhood (not that those are bad). The Walkabout, while so much lay on a personal/emotional level, will frequently tie into those same pillars forming the foundation for the Tough Mudder. There will be the physical aspects as well as the forging of a grittier mental fortitude...from ice climbing to battling intense loneliness.

     I think you probably get the idea. So I'll shut up and leave you with the Oath recited by all participants of last weekends event and some photos of the aftermath of Team Veritas II.
TOUGH MUDDER OATH
As a Tough Mudder, I pledge that:

I understand that tough mudder is not a race but a challenge.
I put team work and camaraderie before my course time.
I do not whine- kids whine.
I help my fellow mudders complete the course.
I overcome all fears.

Team Veritas II



Brendan Guilday
Caroline Johnson
Mike Dwyer

Gavin Hannan
Team Veritas I
Kevin Quine

Tim Quine
Yours Truly




I want you for next year's Tough Mudder



No comments:

Post a Comment