Thursday, April 4, 2013

Back to Burke

     Ok so it isn't the most exciting set of photographs (in fact most of them look just like the same shot over again) but they are the fruits of experimentation and practice. As someone who is still very new to this whole photography thing, it was important for me to just test out new techniques (for me) in terms of zoom, depth of field, focus, composition, lighting, etc. Repetition is the mother of all learning afterall. My intent was not to go explore around and capture objects/scenes that I stumbled upon, but really just to get more comfortable with the camera. So believe it or not, I took ALL of these pictures no more than 20 yards from where I parked my bike. Some of them turned out pretty cool actually...personal favorites are the canoe/boat pictures. 

     I was going to go to the Bauer Ranch today and start working on the Walkabout trailer but since that requires considerably more brainstorming yet, I may head down to Stafford for some more HDR shooting instead. Or maybe mountain bike at Wakefield Park. Or maybe go back to Burke Lake and kayak. Or maybe take a timelapse! AHH! Maybe I'll just have to do it all. 
























































No comments:

Post a Comment